IHG Clean Promise
Hotel Indigo Bangkok Wireless Road is one of IHG property in Bangkok, Thailand.
Intercontinental Hotels Group (IHG) has announced enhanced cleaning measures in response to the Covid-19 pandemic including a new ‘IHG Clean Promise’.
IHG Clean Promise - We’re committed to high levels of cleanliness. That means clean, well maintained, clutter free rooms that meet our standards. If this isn’t what you find when you check-in then we promise to make it right
Within two hours after check-in, a guest will be able to let our hotel team know if their room does not meet the Clean Promise. We will confirm the issue and either make every effort to resolve it to the guest’s satisfaction in the current room or offer to move the guest to another room of equal or greater value that meets the Clean Promise. If another room is not available, we will work with the guest to make it right.
Its internal programme which will allow for this promise to be met is called ‘Way of Clean’. This was first introduced in 2015, but is now being ‘enhanced’, the group said.
Developed with Ecolab and Diversey, the programme has been expanded with additional COVID-19 protocols and best practices to reflect the advice of the World Health Organization, Centers for Disease Control & Prevention and local public health authorities in markets around the world.
IHG is working closely with a team of medical experts at the Cleveland Clinic to develop guidance and resources for hotel teams on returning to work and keeping guests safe in this new environment, which may include:
• Cleanliness information in hotels and on IHG’s booking channels
• Social distancing operating procedures and signage
• Guidance on the use of protective equipment as necessary by hotel colleagues
• Updated colleague training and certification
• Availability of individual guest amenity cleaning kits
• Hand sanitiser and disinfecting wipes available in guest rooms and at high-touch points throughout hotels.